Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) Turkey contains a substance called tryptophan that can trick your mind in feeling more calm and relaxed. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.